Monday, October 31, 2011

Just when you thought it couldn't get harder...

So sometimes things in my life sail along pretty smoothly.... that is not the case today. We have now 30 days until we need to be in our new home, and 35 until we are expecting a baby. We still need every room patched up in some way, painted, carpet or floors installed and refinished, new back doors, a master bathroom tiled, and the lights and electrical work finished. Unfortunately, electrical is one of the first things that needs to happen before the other things can get finished. We hired an electrician that we could afford financially, but now I am wondering if we have the time to afford him. He told me that he needed to miss a day of work to support his girlfriend (ok, no problem), but now he is sick and the one day has turned into 3 and I don't know when he'll be back.
I feel like Heavenly Father is blessing us to be able to find the things we need for good prices, and that we have saved a lot. But, at the same time I feel like we are bleeding money and won't possibly be able to get everything done. In fact, I know we won't be able to get everything done, but now I am concerned about the things needed for the first phase of this fun project, "making it livable again".
I am still very excited about the potential, but it is pretty stressful. Along with the wonderful day of reality checks, we got to have Halloween! It was actually fun to see the kids excited about trick or treating. Hyrum was a cute little guy and seemed to rake in the candy even though he didn't want to go to any house that looked even a bit sketchy. So for only visiting 1/3 of the homes, he did pretty well.


So gravy mix was dumped all over the floor


Then we looked and learned that Hyrum wanted a bowl, and the gravy mix bowl was the best he could find I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment