Friday, September 28, 2018

Blazer Chronicles

Car Wash Wednesday 👈🏻👈🏻Click for the video
  What a fun day this was!!!!  Nothing too serious, nothing very useful, but it sure was fun!

Here is some history on the Blazer.... there isn’t much.
I have been keeping my eye out for a car like this for the kids for a while, and I finally found it at an auction. I honestly am still thinking of cleaning the car up a little and selling it, but for the moment it is far too entertaining.  I got it for $750, but it has its issues.... one issue is that the transmission is going out so it won’t shift into 3rd gear, it just goes into neutral. Kind of like a kid that feels like you have asked them to do too much.... they don’t just keep going and refuse to step it up into the next gear. Nope, they just stop doing anything at all and just coast. And they continue to coast until you dial it back down to a gear they feel comfortable in.
   So to remedy this issue I got a transmission to replace it with.  But there are two reasons that I haven’t yet switched it out.  The first reason is, I have know idea how to replace a transmission. But that seems like it would be an adventure and a great learning experience..... so I still want to do it.  That, and the guy that used to own this blazer was talking to me about it and asked if I was going to do it myself or have help, then asked “Have you ever done a transmission before?” I replied “nope” and then he said “Ok, so someone else is going to do it.”  And for some crazy reason that struck my pride and made me want to do it even more!!!!  So Radi and I have been getting ourselves all hyped up to do it someday.
   The second reason it hasn’t been done yet is because at the moment it only goes 30 mph!  Why in the world would I want two 16 year old boys, or any teanager for that matter to be able to go faster than 30 mph!?!?!?!?  They only need to drive on roads that have a speed limit of 25mph anyway. So going 30mph gives them a little bit of that opportunity to be rebellious anyway.
   So, I’m a little torn as to whether to fix it or not.... and a little concerned that I will not be able to figure it out on my own and protect my precious pride.
   The twins and I have started to work on it a little and fix a few electrical things and clean it up.  Car Wash Wednesday was just a fun detour in the cleaning process haha!
   I’m sure I will learn a lot from this vehicle, there will be plenty of analogies.... I’m just hoping that the main lesson I learn isn’t that I should never attend another auction with money in my hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment